Charcoal grilling is one of the easiest ways of cooking food. And, if you are the outdoor kind, then Summer grills must have a whole different meaning for you. So, if you are looking to know all about charcoals then you have landed on the right place. From charcoal to briquettes, find out the right grilling method for yourself.
There is nothing like sitting around a warm Sunday picnic table with your family and friends and having the best grill of the Summer. And, the different kinds of charcoal give your food the different kinds of tastes you are looking for.
So, if you are putting through so much thought behind the grilling machine and ingredients, making sure you use the very best lump charcoal is equally crucial.
Difference Between Lump Charcoal and Briquettes
People usually have some strong opinions on the difference between lump charcoal and briquettes. Both these kinds of fuels come with them very on pros and cons and their fair share of supporters.
Charcoal Briquette Fast Facts
- Burns longer
- Has a steady temperature
- Cost effective
- Large production of ash
- Takes longer to light
- Won’t burn as hot as charcoal lump
Lump Charcoal Fast Facts
- 1% natural fuel
- Will burn hotter
- Will light up quickly
- Temperature adjustment is easier
- Not cheap
So, the main difference is when will you light up your grill and, if you want 100% natural charcoal or not. So, if you are wondering what burns longer lump or briquettes, then the simple answer is Lump Charcoal.
Can You Mix Lump Charcoal with Briquettes?
Yes! Absolutely you can.
In fact, a lot of people do just that to ensure a longer burning time. You can put the briquettes right under the lump charcoal, so the burning is even.
Top Uses of Charcoal
- You can nourish your Compost Heap
- You can disguise an imperfection
- Keep the air fresh
- Will make your cut flowers last longer
- Can make potted orchards grow
- Can help you keep your kids entertained
- You can also keep the rust off the tools
Best Lump Charcoal Brands in 2019
If you are in the market looking for the very best lump charcoal, then the below list is geared to help you find them. In terms of affordability and quality you can find your right fit in the list below.
Fogo Super Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal – All rounder lump charcoal
- A dense charcoal that burns for a long time.
- You’ll need a hammer to break some of the largest pieces into a usable size.
- Tends to be inconsistent with some bags having too much dust and small pieces.
Rockwood All-Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Best for Smoking
- Almost 100% useable.
- It’s predominantly medium to small-sized pieces
Original NaturalCharcoal – 100% Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Best for High-Temp Grilling
- Uniform size, mostly medium sized pieces.
- Higher burn temp of around 900°F (482°C)
- Lighting is a bit harder with this brand. You’ll need more paper in your chimney.
Jealous Devil – Best for The Big Green Egg Experience
- Burns very hot
- This type can be difficult to light needing up to 3 ½ sheets of paper in a chimney.
Kamado Joe KJ-Char Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Bets for Kamado
- High burn temp of 1115°F (602°C)
- 50% of the bag were smaller pieces, chips, and dust
If you are looking for smoked meats and the tasty hot fries, then lump charcoal would be your best. The idea is to use sustainable ways, that comes in big pieces and has a top to bottom consistency on the bag.
The bets part is that Lump Charcoal works withal kinds of grills. It will light quicker, so your grilling experience starts within 7 mins itself. The kind of wood you choose will give your food that natural flavour. So, find the one that suits best for your taste buds.
Grills with Lump Charcoal is set you give you that authentic grilling experience. So, happy grilling and find the best ones you want.