“I can’t access some video and audio files on my PC. Are they damaged or inaccessible? How can I get them back?”
A friend recently asked this question about the inaccessibility of some media files on PC. While the situation is quite common, a lot of people just give up on the idea of recovering their data. If you think it is a tough job to do photo or video recovery, then this guide will make you think again. Right here, I’m going to teach you how to retrieve all kinds of media content on your PC for free.
Wondershare Recoverit: The Recommended Media Recovery Tool
Recoverit provides a fast, secure, and trusted solution to recover all kinds of media content on your Windows PC or Mac. The tool is developed by Wondershare, which is considered as a pioneer brand in data recovery. Recoverit has a user-friendly interface and can recover all kinds of media content like photos, videos, audios, etc. Users simply need to follow a 3-step click-through process to learn how to do mp3 recovery.
Furthermore, Wondershare even provides a free version of Recoverit. You can use it to recover a maximum of 10 media files, without any restrictions on their size. If you think you want to restore more than 10 files, then you can get a premium version from its website.
- Wondershare Recoverit provides a quick and secure solution to recover all kinds of data. This includes every major photo, audio, and video format.
- The interface allows us to preview the retrieved content and selectively restore it to a secure location.
- It can extract data from a system’s internal drive or external mediums like SD card, USB drive, hard disk, memory card, etc.
- The tool is known to yield high results in different scenarios like accidental deletion, virus attack, corrupt storage, lost partition, and so on.
- With the free version, users can recover up to 10 media files without spending a dime.
How to Recover Media files on PC using Recoverit?
You can easily recover all kinds of media content on your PC or Mac with Recoverit by following these steps:
Step 1: Select a location to scan
Firstly, launch Wondershare Recoverit on your Windows or Mac system. From its home, you need to select a location (partition or drive) to scan.
Step 2: Scan your PC
Once you click on the “Start” button, Recoverit will carefully scan your PC for any formatted or lost media file. Simply wait for a few minutes for the recovery process to be completed.
Step 3: Restore your media files
After when the process is completed, you can preview the extracted content on Recoverit’s interface. The data will be placed in different categories for you to view. Now, you can just select the media files you wish to retrieve and restore them to a secure location.
Tips to prevent your data from unwanted damage
To make sure that your media files won’t get corrupted or lost, follow these common tips.
- Always maintain a backup of your media files so that you can have a second copy of your data.
- Don’t close your PC in between when the media file is still being accessed or transferred in the background.
- Avoid giving permissions to unreliable third-party tools to access your media files or alter their meta content.
- Don’t forcefully change the extension or meta data of media files.
- Turn on the firewall on your system and keep it updated to make sure your data won’t be affected by malware.
As you can see, Wondershare Recoverit can be used to perform audio, photo, or video recovery like a pro. With the free version of the tool, you can get a hands-on experience of the application and recover up to 10 files. Go ahead and download the tool on your PC so that you never suffer from unwanted data loss again.