As you know SNAP stands for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test and as the name of this test very well denotes, it is a natural level entrance test. This test is for admission of the right students to the management courses offered by the institutions functioning under Symbiosis International University (SIU). Following the CAT Test, this is one of the most popular entrance examinations for MBA in India as more than 50,000 students takes the test every year.
What differentiates SNAP from CAT?
Most importantly, it is the general awareness section that differentiates SNAP from CAT. In addition, there is also a difference in the overall difficulty level, which is referred to as LoD or level of Difficulty. In the case of SNAP, the general awareness section is an important section. But, CAT exam does not have this section. In addition, the overall LoD in the case of SNAP is historically lower as compared to that of the CAT. It becomes important to have a preparation strategy for each and every section in SNAP exam, which is given below:
General English Section:
As compared to other sections in SNAP 2017, this is an easier section. The questions in this section are based on sentence correction, one-word substitution, jumbled paragraphs, antonyms, and synonyms. In addition, there is a robust attention to questions based on vocabulary. This means that improving the vocabulary is a crucial part of the SNAP preparations. Now, with these things known about this section, here are some useful tips for this section:
- Improve your reading comprehension skills
- Improve a strong foundation in English grammar
- Learn idiomatic and idioms expressions by heart
- The best thing you can do is to read the editorial section on the magazines and newspapers. You can also read novels and other books.
- You can learn new words every day and vocabulary
In this section, the questions generally are based on fundamental mathematical concepts. In this section, questions from chapters like profit and loss, interest, percentages, and averages are easier, while the questions on some other topics can be tricky. This section will have questions from mensuration, permutations and combinations, algebra, and probability. Here are some tips for this section:
- Initially, you should have a clear understanding about the fundamental concepts.
- Secondly, practice is the key in getting through this section. The best thing you can do is to practice as many sample papers and mock tests as possible.
- Finally, you should be aware of the shortcuts in solving the questions in this section. Nevertheless, begin learning the shortcuts only when you have a clear understanding of the fundamental concepts.
Current affairs section:
As against much other management entrance tests, there is a better attention on the current affairs section in the SNAP 2017. But, many candidates overlook this section. It is crucial that you should prepare for this section as it can really make a difference in securing a seat in the MBA course in the SIU institutions. Here are some tips that will help with securing good marks in the current affairs section:
- Of course, without any doubt, reading daily newspapers will help you score good marks in this section.
- There are online news portals that will help you with getting daily updates.
- Taking quizzes will help with improving your knowledge.
- When you prepare for this section, it is better to take a note of the latest international and domestic events. This will help with memorizing and revising this section just before the examination.
- It is better to keep yourself updated with the general knowledge from books and magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorama.
Analytical & Logical Reasoning:
For this section, candidates should learn to solve patterns, numbers, and should be able to interpret shapes. This is one of the toughest sections for most test takers. But, with the right strategy for preparation and practice, one can easily ace this section with the tips given below:
- It is important to understand the kinds of questions asked in this section. Most questions are based on syllogisms, visual reasoning, matrix arrangements, column graphs and line charts
- You should turn out to be familiar with diagramming. You can practice diagrammatic IQ tests that can prove to be highly helpful
- Pay attention to one aspect of the issue at a time. When a question has too much data it can be highly confusing. It is safe to look at one rule at a time.
- Posted On: August 30, 2017
- 1014 Views | No Comments