An E-visa for Vietnam is a type of visa issued to foreigners by the Vietnamese Department of Immigration online. It is valid for 30 days and is single. That is, you can enter the country once and stay there for up to a month without traveling to neighboring states. If desired, tourists can once extend the period of stay in the country, having received an ordinary visa on the spot. The cost of the document is 25 dollars. In case of refusal to issue a document, the fee is not refundable.
Conditions for obtaining:
- a foreigner is outside of Vietnam;
- he is not on the “blacklist”, which suspends entry into the country;
- tourist’s passport is valid for another six months from the moment of entry.
How to apply for an electronic visa?
To do this, go to the website of the Department of Immigration of Vietnam and click on the For outside Vietnam foreigners section.
What to do next?
- To receive an E-visa you need to download the scanned first page of your passport.
- In the column Full name write your full name, as in the passport.
- Choose gender: Male, Female.
- In the paragraph Date of birth, write the date of birth in the format date/month/year.
- Next, select the nationality (Current nationality). On the right in the Nationality at the birth column, the same item will also be automatically selected.
- Write a religion – for example, Christian or Catholic.
- In the section Occupation, indicate the type of activity (profession). If you are a freelancer, then write – Freelance.
- Next, indicate the address (Permanent residential address).
- Add a phone number and email. The email address will also need to be repeated in the paragraph below.
- Enter the passport number. In Type, leave Ordinary passport.
- In Expiry date we write the validity period of the passport (date / month / year).
- Next, write the date of entry into Vietnam (Intended date of entry).
- In the Intended length of stay in Viet Nam column, we do not change anything – there is the number 30.
- In the Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam section – the assumed address in Vietnam – we indicate the address of the hotel.
- Choose a city from the list. If you are traveling to Nha Trang, indicate the province of Khanh Hoa in which it is located.
- The item Inviting/guaranteeing agency/organization is skipped if you are not invited to Vietnam by any organization.
- If children under 14 go with a tourist, fill in the data about them (name, gender, date of birth, photo).
- In the Grant Evisa valid from the column, we also do not change anything, this is the estimated duration of the document.
- Select the airport at which you arrive (Allowed to entry through checkpoint) and the airport from which you depart (Exit through checkpoint).
- Put a checkmark and thereby declare that we provided the correct data. And enter the data from the image in the Captcha section. After processing the information, the applicant will receive a registration code (it will be displayed on the screen) and will be able to use it to monitor the production of a visa.
Travelling to Vietnam can be fun, if you have followed all these instructions. Otherwise, like every other government Vietnamese government will take serious actions. Scan all your credentials, and documents for cooperating with the government, and make sure that all these documents are updated.
e-visa is an easy visa getting service, those who are familiar with the use of technology can easily take advantage of it. governments are still trying to make best use of it, as there is a high risk of hacking, however, people are praising this stance by Vietnam, as visa getting has become stricter.