Laser cutting was one of the earliest processes to be discovered in the 1960s. Today, it has become one of the most common procedures in many industrial sectors. When deciding on whether to purchase a CO2 laser-engrave, it’s vital to understand your industry, application. Moreover, you should also learn more about the type of material that you want to use for engraving or marking. That’s because materials react differently.
CO2 laser engravers are extremely detailed instruments used to decorate, inscribe, or make custom logos on acrylic, paper, plastics, wood, glass, leather, cardboard, metals, and disposition of other materials. Besides, CO2 lasers are also helpful in cutting different materials that include leather and paper products too.
Nevertheless, before buying a CO2 laser engraver, you need to think about the requirements beforehand.
- What kind of stuff do you want to engrave?
- Do you have the required skills to use this tool?
- How will you use it, for personal or professional use?
Also, before making a decision, the below questions are supposed to be put into consideration, since laser engraving can be expensive.
- Software support
- Materials to work on
- The positioning of red light
- Communication monitoring
- Temperature control
- Flame retardant systems
- Electric lift
- Water temperature.
Once operational, the unit can provide reliable performance on non-metal materials. For example, PVC, leather, bamboo, plywood, paper products, density board, non-woven fabrics, acrylic, PET, cortical, and hardwood.
The manufactures like Heat Sign can provide an installation video, which makes it easy to learn the laser cutter and set it up.
Advantages of Using HeatSign’s CO2 Laser Systems
- There are lots of practical benefits of using HeatSign’s CO2 laser systems. They are cost-effective and offer lots of other benefits too.
- It can be the best tool you will ever find for organic materials. You can use materials like wood and a specific type of ceramics and plastics.
- All you need is a laser module that can handle continuous shifts of 24-hours. Besides, it should sustain a work-life of 20k hours and more. You get this assurance with HeatSign’s system, which turns out a profitable investment.
- Don’t rely on water systems. Instead, you can go with one that uses the air-cooled system. That’s because it can save you from the use of consumables and involves no maintenance.
- HeatSign’s CO2 laser machine comes with a speedy engraving operation, high contrast, and very fewer power needs. Thus, you can use it on anodized aluminium and painted metals. You can take a look at https://www.heatsign.com/products/co2-laser-marking-machine/ to learn more.
- Let’s be practical on the budget. If you check the market, you will notice a high price scale below the same machines. HeatSign’s machines are less costly. However, they deliver the best performance. It ensures high productivity.
- It uses up to date software to improve the performance of your engraving machine further.
Following thorough research on the CO2 laser engravers available in the market, these guidelines will provide an insight into the best and most affordable cutter lasers. It will help you when choosing your particular applications.
The Features You Should Look
The CO2 laser engraver is a consistent wide field of organic non -metal materials that come with predrilled holes for future upgrades. Thus, it should have a progression of 50W OR 60W laser tubes and a ventilation fan for extracting heat and smoke that has CNC parts, which gives it endurance during an operation. The engraving area can be 30 x 20 cm² with a cutting speed of 80mm/s and an uttermost engraving speed of 500ml.
It should come like a box-like construction that is quite easy to use, and one that can fully fit a desktop. Besides, it should contain Water breakout protection to the machine for paramount safety. As a result, this machine will mostly apply to home users and small business operations.
A Mid-Range Machine
You can opt for a mid-range machine that has lots of features. It should be advanced enough to give exceptional performance and build quality. It can be one of the best appliances you will ever find in the market at a fair price. It can weigh around 64 kilograms and can go through a 2mm material.
This CO2 laser engraver should be equipped with software that includes Corel Laser. Nonetheless, you can also use CorelDraw LaserCRWe and other graphics programs. It should have a powerful 40W laser, the operating area of 300 x 400 mm, and a ratio of 0.026 mm, which will make it effortless to engrave almost any design.
It should also feature controls and functions like below:
That’s all about the CO2 laser systems. We’ve included an all-inclusive guide to CO2 laser cutting. Besides, we have shared everything you need to know about these machines. Therefore, you are now knowledgeable about the most effective and affordable devices before making your purchases. Want to know more? You can check out HeatSign and their products.